It takes surprisingly little to start a workplace fire: just oxygen, combustible material and an ignition source. Use these tips to prevent them from starting:
- Dispose of waste in proper containers.
- Keep combustible materials like cardboard, paper, and wood away from heat and heat-producing equipment.
- Follow storage/safety precautions for flammable liquids, report leaks and clean up spills immediately.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets, circuits or motors; replace cords and wires with worn or broken insulation.
- Smoke only in designated areas, and then extinguish cigarettes and matches completely and dispose of them safely.
The Advance Group wants you to stay safe on the job. If you spot a fire hazard or safety concern while you're on assignment with our client, tell your staffing coordinator immediately.